Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Food Love Survey

Well, I realize I've been neglecting this little blog. The weeks up to my mid-term exams were a little hectic, so I really haven't had much time for cooking / photographing / eating out, and thus nothing to blog about! So, I thought I kick off my new found enthusiasm for Eat...and Be Merry with a little food survey, just to give you a little insight into my particular foodie feelings:

1. How do you like your eggs?
I don't eat eggs a lot for breakfast, but I do love using them to whip up quick dinners. I prefer an egg-white omelet with lots of veggies and salsa, or a spinach/tomato quiche, or a mushroom frittata. If I did order them for breakfast, they would be Over-Easy with wheat toast to soak up the yolks.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee: Black. Or, sometimes with a little skim milk.
Tea: Black, but I prefer herbal teas like chamomile or peppermint to black tea.

3. Favorite breakfast food: Cereal or oatmeal. I like old-fashioned stone-cut oats, with a touch of milk and cinnamon.

4. Peanut butter: Smooth or crunchy. I'm an equal opportunity peanut butter eater.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? I prefer to make my own dressings, which are very simple. Usually just a dijon vineagrette, which consists of extra-virgin olive oil, white wine or champagne vinegar, garlic, dijon mustard, lemon juice and salt/pepper. Or, I just choose a balsamic vinagrette.

6. Coke or Pepsi? Coke. Regular, not diet. Although, I rarely drink it anymore. Just as a treat.

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Pasta, with a very simple tomato sauce made from canned tomatoes, a little butter, and some garlic. Shredded basil on top.

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Deep-dish spinach from Chicago Pizza or Rizzata's. Extra sauce.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? The options are endless! Right now, I'd like to make a wild mushroom risotto with peas, or maybe moules marineres.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Yes - my mom's artichoke dip reminds me of weekend nights at home with my parents, watching movies or playing board games. Also, cake made from box-mix. My sister and I always request this on our birthdays - it's so much better than store-bought cake.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? No, because I eat everything. I once got sick on bad mussles, but I've since recovered and love them again.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Chocolate Cream Pie reminds me of Dad, Sushi makes me think of my sister, Chicken Wings remind me of my husband, because we ate them so much in college, Oreos will forever be associated with my Mom.

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Bananas. I will eat anything but nasty bananas. Sister, Mom and Dad hate them to, so I think it's genetic.

14. What was your favorite food as a child? Tombstone frozen pizza or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? Salad, in general. Mushrooms.

16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? I ate a lot more meat as a child. Especially processed deli meat, like ham and roast beef, that I don't eat anymore.

17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Fruit - Raspberry. Vegetable - Tomato.

18. Favorite junk food: Frozen Yogurt and Pepperidge Farm goldfish (parmesan flavor)

19. Favorite between meal snack: This changes frequently, but right now I'm onto pudding cups. I also go for granola bars or cheese.

20. Do you have any weird food habits? Yes - I don't like large meals that don't fall at meal time. Brunch included. Especially not afternoon BBQs that are supposed to be lunch and dinner... I don't know why, I just like to eat a breakfast, a lunch, a dinner - not combined!

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Fat-free yogurt, lots of veggies (esp. broccoli), soup, oatmeal, etc.

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? Binge at Tiffin on Devon St. (Little India). Order appetizer sampler platter (with samosas, pakora, etc.), then Chicken Curry, Lamb Vindaloo, LOTS of naan bread...

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? V.V. SPICY!

24. Can I get you a drink? Glass of Sauvignon Blanc

25. Red or White Wine? Either. White as a cocktail, red with dinner.

26. Favorite dessert? Chocolate Mousse. Or Key Lime Pie.

27. The perfect nightcap? Small glass of Australian "sticky" - dessert wine.

1 comment:

Laura Gleason said...

Tomato is a vegetable silly! But it is crazy how similar our responses would be if I did the same...I guess food stuff is genetic.